solar panel mount
Regardless of whether you buy or create your panels, you have to have them installed in order to start the solar electricity flowing. You’ll be pleased to are aware that the operation is a straightforward one for DIY people who possess a helper and section of a weekend to spare. Here’s how it is done:
solar mounting bracket
6 Easy steps for Installing Solar Panels
Before starting, it’s a wise idea to check on with your local government zoning or building permit agency to ascertain if a permit is necessary before beginning work. You may want to desire to give your homeowner’s association a heads up to determine if the association has any special requirements. Also, it makes sense to test along with your homeowner’s agent to see if your insurance plan addresses solar panels by any means. Most tend not to.
1. Surprisingly, you do not want your solar panels facing south. You should go with a right houses roof that faces east or west and gets the most sun.
2. The required angle of your solar power systems to the sun depends upon your home’s geographic latitude. Should your residence is at 25� latitude, as an example, your solar panels ought to be tilted 25�.
For each 5 degrees above 25, add 5 degrees of tilt on your home’s latitude unless your property is located at 40 degrees or older. In that case, you’ll want to add 20 degrees of tilt to your home’s latitude. Confused? Here are some examples:
o 30� latitude = 35� tilt
o 40� latitude = 60� tilt
o 55� latitude = 75� tilt
3. Your solar power panels arrive with surface mounts. Should you build panels yourself, or yours failed to feature mounts, you can get them easily.
Place your mounts 4 feet apart on your roof and ensure are all aimed at a rafter.
4. Drill an opening to the mounting lag bolt combined with each fastener. Make sure you drill into the center of each and every rafter to stop splitting the wood and perchance damaging the structural integrity of your respective roof!
5. Screw the products over the holes from the supports and in to the holes you only drilled. Seal the head in the bolts with roofing compound to protect your attic from inundating or thermal loss.
6. While using the provided hardware, attach the solar power systems on the supports you merely installed. Adjust the panels so that they have reached least 12″ in the roof surface. Solar panel systems need airflow for optimal operation.